RISK ASSESSMENT & GUIDELINES
Covid-19:- New Ways of Working
Below are the measures I have put in place to ensure our safety.
- The workshop space, equipment
& resources will be thoroughly cleaned before students arrive (and at various intervals during the day) - paying special attention to frequently touched areas such as door handles, light switches, chair arms, table tops and any shared equipment.
- There will be full handwashing facilities in the bathroom which I’ll also disinfect just prior to each break.
- I’ll need all students to vacate the workshop during the lunch break, for 30 minutes, enabling me to thoroughly covid-clean
key areas (as detailed above)
- I’ve moved the workshop into my larger living room which allows for 1m+ social distancing (for up to 3 students)
and the garden room (& maybe the kitchen) will be used for all the resources you may need during the course.
- Each student will have their own workstation allowing for 1m+ social distancing.
- I will keep my distance from students unless
you’re happy for me to move closer. (If this happens, I will try to maintain side-to-side contact, rather than face to face). Also, closer contact should be for less than 15 mins.
- Demonstration will be done at a distance & I’ll be
wearing a visor
- The doors and windows will remain open during this course to ensure regular airflow.
- All students will have to sanitise their
hands as they arrive - before touching anything!
- At the entrance to each room hand sanitiser will be available. You’ll need to use this when you enter and leave the room.
- At each student’s workstation, they will have
their own sanitsied equipment, personal sanitiser & dustbin.
- When sharing is necessary, everyone will be asked to wash or sanitise their hands before touching shared items (hand sanitizer will be provided at these points)
FACE COVERINGS & GLOVES
- All students will need to wear a face covering - this can be a mask, scarf or a visor (I can provide a visor).
wear a visor so you can see my mouth when talking (otherwise I’ll wear a face mask).
- Disposable gloves will be made available (however, I do recommend hand washing/sanitising)
- Normally I provide a selection of hot drinks (plus cake and biscuits), but to minimise touching the same items, you’ll need bring your own refreshments.
DESIGN TEMPLATES & REFERENCE BOOKS
- Again, to minimise touching the same items, I will have to reduce the number of design templates & reference books normally available for students’ use.
TRACK & TRACE
- You should not attend if you, or someone you have been on contact with, has symptoms of Coronavirus (I can offer you a voucher for another course)
- If you become ill
with COVID-19, within 2 weeks of attending a class, please notify me.
- Do not attend a course if you have travelled from an area with outbreaks in the last 2 weeks